So a few weeks ago, I went to Toronto again. It was my third visit in a span of one year. In fact, I spent my Toronto-versary there! Wow, maybe I should just move. Fun fact: people have asked me if I moved to Toronto. I have not, but I do have my favorite spots. Also, I love that Toronto’s not really a touristy city, so I never feel like I have to go to so-and-so place (except for Trattoria Nervosa).
Here’s my top 3 from trip 3:
- What: Coffee shop serves coffee that tastes like chocolate. YUM. Ultimate plus points for having a nice and roomy interior plus essentials: wifi and restrooms. This is easily in my top 3 favorite coffee shops.
- Location: Yorkville
- Website: http://www.goldstruck.ca/
- What: Mexican restaurant that served me the most amazing tacos ever, I’m not even sure what to do with my life anymore. They had crunchy carnitas, which reminded me of (or was basically) chicharron. I was really hungry when I went there, so I didn’t get to take pictures of the chips and guac, but they were amazing too. I wanted to go back here so badly, but I didn’t have enough time to.
- Where: The Annex, but they have multiple locations
- Website: http://playacabana.ca/playa/
- What: Homey coffee shop that has indoor and outdoor seating. Good drinks and good vibes + they have pastries! I really like the bookish vibe; I fell in love with their wall of open books. It’s a nice break from the daily grind.
- Where: Kensington Market
- Website: https://www.fika.ca/