- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony DoerrI have only one regret when it comes to Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See: that I waited all this time to read it when I've had the book since 2015. I received this book as part of a book club from my … Read more
- Novel Reactions: kaddish.comAfter the first few chapters of kaddish.com, I did not know how to feel. I'd expected the book to tell the story of Larry's misadventures over the 11-month mourning period for his father. So after the first part ended, and Larry came home, and that … Read more
- Novel Reactions: Magpie MurdersIt's been more than a month since I last finished a book. I've been swamped with work and (re)socialization that I'd always been too tired to commit to a book. The past week, however, I'd been (sick and) stuck at home with nothing better to … Read more
- Novel Reactions: INSPIREDI learned a lot from Marty Cagan's INSPIRED. Now that I’ve joined the Product side, I could actually relate to a lot of the things mentioned in the book. The book isn’t just for startups; INSPIRED also covers issues faced in larger companies. But if … Read more
- Short Bites: Peep ShowAnother story in Nathan Englander's What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank, "Peep Show" takes us on a reflective journey. In a weak and impulsive moment, a man takes a detour into a strip club. He knows he shouldn't, but, heck, we … Read more
- Short Bites: What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank"What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank" (the title story of this compilation) is about the generation(s) of Jewish Americans that grew up after the holocaust. For the most part, they'd lived generally worry-free lives, with some members of the generation eventually … Read more
- Short Bites: #connollyhouse #weshouldntbehereI love Twitter threads. These can be especially funny when someone live tweets a strangers' intriguing conversation at a coffee shop (think: Titas of Manila style). If the live tweeter is munching on popcorn, we can join in, too. In "#connollyhouse #weshouldntbehere," Seanan McGuire brings … Read more
See all posts from the hungriest reader.